08 November 2007

 

Desperately Seeking Susan

Free Image Hosting

Last week I was able to escape work one evening on time and go to the theater. The musical of choice this time was "Desperately Seeking Susan", an 80s movie starring Madonna made into a musical to the music of Blondie.

My synopsis: story line was ok and the male singing was fair, but the women's singing left a LOT to be desired....seriously, I can only expect that there was a shortage of even fair singing women available for this show. We felt like we were being shouted at the entire time. Maybe that was because the music was very loud, but the theater was small and they had microphones, so I really just didn't understand. The best part of the show was really the orchestra conducter...lets just say that even though he listens to that same music every night, he REALLY gets into it!

Comments:
I wish I'd been able to see the conductor from my seat.

As is usually the case, I enjoyed the storyline and acting much more than the music and singing, which I always find ironic...given it was a MUSICAL.

Still...good times.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?