12 March 2007

 

Best Art Exhibit Ever!

Those of you who know me well know that I generally do not appreciate art. In so many words, I think I just don't get it. But this weekend, I finally found a piece of artwork that I love. It is an exhibit at the Tate Modern in London and here is a picture and a write up from the Tate website:

Free Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.net

For Carsten Höller, the experience of sliding is best summed up in a phrase by the French writer Roger Caillois as a 'voluptuous panic upon an otherwise lucid mind'. The slides are impressive sculptures in their own right, and you don't have to hurtle down them to appreciate this artwork. What interests Höller, however, is both the visual spectacle of watching people sliding and the 'inner spectacle' experienced by the sliders themselves, the state of simultaneous delight and anxiety that you enter as you descend.

We got to ride the slides on floors 3 and 5....I would say floor 3 was fun and floor 5 was FANTASTIC...I mean deep belly laugh FUN! In fact, we captured the moment on film....enjoy!

Free Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.net

Free Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.net


Comments:
Look at those grins! You just can't fake that kind of happiness. Jonah really missed out.
 
That looks so totally awesome!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?