17 October 2006
Theater in London
Last week when the girls were here, we went to the theater to see Mary Poppins, one of my favorite movies when I was a kid. It was my first visit to the theater since moving to London, and it was all I could have imagined it could be! The musical closes with Mary FLYING over the audience as she leaves the kids behind...I felt like a little kid wanting to wave as she flew over me and I swear that she was looking right at me (oh, by the way, we were in the FOURTH row for this performance!)
SO, we decided not to waste time before we go again and booked tickets for this Friday night to see Chicago! And the bonus to seeing this musical now is that Ashlee Simpson is starring in this production in London until next weekend!
Next on the list: The Sound of Music.