25 September 2006

 

Are they white pajamas?

Recently, I have been enquiring about the rules of cricket. I figure since I am here and know a few people who play, I needed to learn. For those of you who know me, you know I really like sports and wanted to add this to my list of sports that I could possibly hold a conversation about.

Here is the explanation that I received at the beginning of my lesson when using the internet to try and find the proper rules:

The Rules of Cricket
You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.
Sometimes you get men still in and not out. When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

I couldn't stop laughing! I would say that is as clear as mud! :)

I did get a more proper explanation later and know that I for sure have more to learn, but at least I might be able to pretend a little more that I know what they are talking about! Next step: attend a match, preferably watching someone that I know. Did you know that certain cricket matches can last for five days? I will not be attending one of those!


Comments:
Who's on First??
That is funny.
Moms
 
That was my exact thought, Moms! Who really is on first!
-Tiff
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?