07 June 2006

 

Week 1 Photos

Since arriving, I haven't had much time to get out and about, but I thought I would snap a few photos....I know my family really just wants to see where I am these days!

I am staying at the Holiday Inn Kensington Forum off the Piccadilly Line at the Gloucester Road tube stop. I took a few pictures of my room, a view of the hotel, a view down the road I am staying on, a couple photos of the tube stop, and my favorite is the picture of how you have to turn on the electricity (yep, you need to put your key in a slot in order to turn on your lights....this of course prevents people from leaving on their lights when they are not in the room, but talk about trying to figure that one out on your own...I was stumped for a while for sure!)

Here is the link to the pictures:
http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=44092560/a=7108003_7108003/fromupload=true/t_=7108003

I started work on Monday as planned. I will be doing the same thing here as I did in Houston...it will just take time to get used to how things work over here. It will take a little time for me to get acclimated to terminology and procedures....it reminds me of five years ago when I started at KBR! This change of pace is good for me though.

I plan to start my flat hunt this weekend. I need to narrow down the areas to look at and then start to meet with leasing agents next week. I hope to be in a place within the next two weeks....hotel living is fine now, but I am confident that it will get old quickly. Hopefully my next pictures will be of my new place!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?