12 June 2006

 

Mexican Food in London?

The truth is that I tried out a Mexican food restaurant in London. I had told myself that it just wouldn't be worth my time or money to attempt to go find decent Mexican food here. But after being given a recommendation and having a coworker here in London with me that hasn't been home since early April, we decided to at least try. The place is called Cafe Pacifico down by Covent Garden. It is off the beaten track and from the outside it really looked like a little cantina back home.

Here is our review: We would not suggest the margaritas (but are guessing that after a few not so good ones, maybe they will taste better!). The chips are a little hard, but the salsa was GREAT....fire roasted and very hot! I had a chimichanga....it was just good, not great, but satisfactory for where we were....the sauce on top tasted like the can enchilada sauce you get at the grocery store. But like I said, very satisfactory for London. Now the prices are a little high, but aren't all restaurants here! I am thinking it would be a good place to go about mid way between trips home to get my fix on Mexican food.

All in all, Cafe Pacifico is the best Mexican food in London I have found.


Comments:
Mexican food in London? So weird!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?