02 June 2006
Leaving on a jet plane!
Thought I would sit down quickly and write a few lines. I am about to take off for the airport for my journey to the UK. Can't believe it is finally here. Have been waiting about 5 months for this to happen, but only about 6 weeks since everything started towards finally leaving. Since I finally sold my car yesterday, it has finally seemed more real. I still think it is all too surreal for me to fully grasp, but in about 12 hours, I will be on the soil where I will spend my next two years learning about the British culture, meeting new friends and coworkers, and living a life that I never imagined I would have a chance to do....live abroad. If you would have asked me when I graduated college if I would ever take an international assignment, I would have said "no way!" and I actually did say that in my interview with my boss at work. But I have really changed over the past five years and have begun to appreciate the industry I am in and how international my company is and how great an opportunity it would be to see more then just the home office. Monday morning I will be showing up to my new office!
Thanks to all my friends and family who I have seen over the past couple of weeks. I appreciate all the well wishes and can't wait to keep you guys up to date on what goes on over the next two years. Look for pictures often....my new digital camera is very much ready to work! I will miss you all greatly!
Thanks to all my friends and family who I have seen over the past couple of weeks. I appreciate all the well wishes and can't wait to keep you guys up to date on what goes on over the next two years. Look for pictures often....my new digital camera is very much ready to work! I will miss you all greatly!
Comments:
<< Home
It is just not the same without you here, we miss you. It has been very quiet here today. I am looking forward to many pictures.
Be sure and show "The Dove" how to put her pictures out there. :):):)
Moms
Post a Comment
Be sure and show "The Dove" how to put her pictures out there. :):):)
Moms
<< Home
