04 June 2006
I'm Here!
Can't believe that I am now in London. After flying for 8 hours, grabbing ALL my luggage (3 HUGE pieces) off the conveyor belt, using a crazy luggage carrier that remind of the out-of-control carts at IKEA, getting a taxi, riding the 1.5 hours in the taxi to the hotel, checking in but not able to go to my room because it is before check-in time, eating some lunch with a wonderful coworker from Houston, finally checking into my room, and having ALL my luggage delivered to my room, I was able to shower and SLEEP! It felt like the day never ended! But after getting much sleep last night, I woke up today feeling MUCH better!
And on my first day to get around, I am SO proud! I left my hotel, caught the tube to Waterloo station (where I want to add that one of the lines I needed to take was down for repair this weekend and without whipping out my tube map, I remembered that another line would also take me....So disaster avoided!),and bought my ticket for the train to Woking. Sitting here in Dovie's living room...still can't believe that we are sitting here both living in London....good times to come for sure....it is just great to see a familiar face!
More to come next week. I will show up to the office tomorrow morning...don't know when I will be up on my computer, but I will send out another blog update when I can. This week will be crazy for sure with getting to know all my new coworkers, my project, and finding a place to live! Haven't taken any pictures yet (pretty much slept during day one, but like my mom said, I have two years to see everything!), but I promise to send some out as soon as I can!
And on my first day to get around, I am SO proud! I left my hotel, caught the tube to Waterloo station (where I want to add that one of the lines I needed to take was down for repair this weekend and without whipping out my tube map, I remembered that another line would also take me....So disaster avoided!),and bought my ticket for the train to Woking. Sitting here in Dovie's living room...still can't believe that we are sitting here both living in London....good times to come for sure....it is just great to see a familiar face!
More to come next week. I will show up to the office tomorrow morning...don't know when I will be up on my computer, but I will send out another blog update when I can. This week will be crazy for sure with getting to know all my new coworkers, my project, and finding a place to live! Haven't taken any pictures yet (pretty much slept during day one, but like my mom said, I have two years to see everything!), but I promise to send some out as soon as I can!