25 April 2006

 

One week closer.....fingers crossed!

I am supposed to be one week into my 6-week transition plan, which of course is clearly written and diagrammed in a bar chart for clarity to management, but I guess they did not use it when they decided to remove my replacement from my project and put him on another more "challenging" project. What, is my project THAT easy?? Anyway, they are now looking for my replacement among current staff. However, how can I not feel that there will be a delay in my departure?? I have been promised by my boss's boss that this does not put a snag in the plan....but to be honest, until someone is sitting next to me learning the project, until my passport is officially in the hands of international HR, and I have plane tickets in my hand, I am not confident in this promise.

Looking at this in a positive way, I am learning patience, which is NOT one of my strong points. The whole experience, everything leading up to leaving as well as the time I am gone, will make me a better person in the end....this again is just the beginning of a great change in my life and I have to take all of it in, not just the good things.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?