26 April 2006
News from my boss....
Of course right after I posted the last email, I got an email from my boss on the progress made last week as well as the steps between now and departure day (which will now be referred to as d-day). Here are the highlights:
- We are waiting on a requisition from London, which will include the duration of my stay (as of right now, it is looking like 8-9 months)
- Once requisition arrives, my passport will be sent out for a visa (about a 10 working day process).
- Will need to get a physical and chest x-ray to get the thumbs up health wise (I guess this step will either tell me I am good to go or now have some major health issues!)
- Once the visa is in hand and I pass my physical, I will get to book my plane tickets...which will give me a date for d-day....which is what I have been waiting for!!!
- Of course after that exciting news, I get to go sit through workshops on oversees tax and all that fun stuff!
He ends his email saying that all this is supposed to complete by 31May...the original d-day we have been shooting for....so I guess in reference to my post above, his promise is still bring kept. Now we need to keep our fingers crossed for my replacement....more on that soon I hope!
Comments:
<< Home
Very cool. I hope it works out smoothly. And when you get there, be sure you don't take down one of their flags and hang up Old Glory on top of it!
Post a Comment
<< Home
